Have you ever had a favorite recipe, but it is not healthy, doesn't align with your diet or you just want to eat a little healthier? I run into this problem all the time. I found some ways to make my favorite recipes "guiltless". Here are some substitutions and the benefits of why to make the swap!
#1 SWAP OUT 1 CUP OF BUTTER FOR 1/2 CUP OF AVACADO
- Take in a fraction of the calories and nourish your body. Avocado's are known for boosting weight loss, digestion, and vitamin absorption to promoting healthy skin and hair.
#2 SWAP OUT 1 CUP OF SUGAR FOR 1/2 CUP OF HONEY
- Honey boosts your energy and memory, wards off infections and allergies, clears your skin and helps you sleep.
#3 SWAP OUT VEGETALBE OIL FOR UNSWEETEND APPLE SAUCE, A 1:1 RATIO
- Apples helps you ramp up your weight loss and digestion, as well as increase your intake of fiber, antioxidants, vitamin c and other essential vitamins and minerals.
#4 SWAP EGGS FOR GROUND FLAXSEEDS
(To replace one egg, whisk together 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseeds with 3 tablespoons of water until fully absorbed and thickened).
- Flaxseeds are an amazing source of omega-3 fatty acid, helping your muscles recover and get stronger. They are also filled with fiber and expand in your stomach, leading to a decrease in your appetite.
#5 SWAP WHITE FLOUR FOR ALMOND FLOUR
- It is gluten free! It is also protein packed, low carb, and an amazing source of dietary fat (helping you burn more fat!).
# 6 SWAP CHOCOLATE CHIPS FOR CACAO NIBS
- This superfood is rich in many minerals, including iron, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, manganese, copper and will increase fat burning, stabilize your blood sugar and provide you with important antioxidants.
# 7 SWAP HEAVY CREAM FOR COCONUT CREAM
- Coconut cream replenishes electrolytes, improves digestion, raises energy levels, builds muscle, and burns fat!
These are only some of the ingredient swaps I found. You may need to experiment to find the substitutes you like best.