Shaking the Winter Blues
January 10, 2020
Winter can be a bleak time for many people. Dull colors, cold weather and an early sunset can take a toll on people’s emotional wellbeing. Here are some tricks to help shake that winter blues.
- Exercise! Moving your body has been proven to improve your emotional and physical health. Just moving for 45 minutes every day can boost your mood significantly.
- Check your Vitamin D levels! Many people are vitamin D deficient. This vitamin has been known to relate to a lack of sun exposure. Taking a vitamin D supplement may improve your mood!
- Try light therapy! The dark atmosphere of winter is one of the main factors that contributes to the winter blues. Using a light box or light exposure may improve your mood and overall health!
- Eat a healthy diet! Maintaining a healthy diet will help your body to function at its full potential. As a result, your mood will be improved if your body is happy!
- Do things you enjoy! Try to occupy your mind with one of your hobbies. Listen to some upbeat music. Cuddle with a pet. Cozy up by the fireplace! Do things that you enjoy to boost your mood.
- See a therapist. If you’re still feeling blue, try seeing a therapist. Talk therapy is immensely beneficial to your mental health. Talking through your worries will help your mood!