Being active doesn’t always mean exercise. You can be active by doing everyday activities like tending to your garden, washing your car by hand, cleaning or taking a walk with your dog, even a leisurely bike ride can keep you active. The point is – move. Staying active can help you in more ways than you might think. While exercise is ideal, being active can still help you in many ways. Here are a few:
- It will help you feel better
- Staying active releases endorphins into your system making you feel better and happier. This is great for people who may be experiencing seasonal or mild depression.
- It help with weight loss
- Staying active is great to aid in weight loss. Burning calories can directly impact your waistline! However, not everyone has the means to put time and effort into a high impact exercise routine. Physical activity such as walking your dog and riding your bike can still help you maintain and possibly lose so lbs.
- It’s good for your bones and muscles
- Daily joint movement is key to keeping your bones and muscles healthy and working. An object in motion will stay in motion.
- It can reduce risk of chronic diseases
- Some diseases, such as diabetes, worsen with the lack of physical activity.
- It can help your skin health
- Regular activity can increase your body’s production of natural antioxidants which fight free radicals and help repair damages cells.
- It can help with memory
- Staying active can stimulate the production of hormones that can enhance the growth of brain cells. It has also been shown to reduce changes in the brain that can cause Alzheimer’s disease and schizophrenia.
- It can help with relaxation and sleep
- Regular physical activity can help tire you out and help regulate your body temperature during sleep.
All these positive outcomes of physical activity are essential to living a happy, healthy life. Whether it’s intense exercise or walking your dog, we urge you to stay active!