April 2, 2018
It's important to remember to stay focused on the positive! Simple positive thinking can have beneficial health outcomes. Research has linked positive thinking to lower risk of dying prematurely and boosting your health. In addition to positive thinking, acting positive can be even more beneficial than merely thinking in a positive way. Putting on a smile, striking a power pose, and simply acting “as if” you were the type of person you want to become, are all ways to act positive. You can also stay positive by engaging in the following:
- Prioritize a cheerful outlook; make happiness part of your daily routine – Being able to find happiness in your daily life can help you stay on track.
- Stay connected with friends – human interaction is crucial for happiness.
- Think about what you’re grateful for – Always remember that you have many things in your life to be grateful for.
- Be of service to others; help others – helping others can give you a sense of purpose and making others happy will also make you happy.
- Say affirmations out loud – stay positive!
- Breathe deep to stay calm and focused – try not to stress the small things.
- Eat lunch without distractions; focus on nourishing your body.
- Find a furry friend – dogs and cats make great companions and petting animals can lower stress hormones.
- Start a gratitude jar – keep a visual reminder of appreciation.
- Allow yourself private time in the morning – time to yourself is great in the morning whether you wish to just sip coffee or stretch.
- Try to eliminate negative phrases from your vocabulary – stay positive!
- Reflect on the day’s achievements.